Students know education is important when adults are involved with and support the school.
- Assisting teachers with lessons or activities in the classroom
- Volunteering in the main office, nurse’s office, guidance department, library or cafeteria
- Mentoring a deserving child
- Accompanying students on a field trip
- Participating in school organizations like the PTA/PTO or Booster’s Club (Band, Sports, Drama)
- Providing counsel to your school as a member of an advisory committee like the School Achievement Team
- Serving on an advisory committee for our district – look under the ABOUT button for a list of opportunities
- Increase children's motivation for learning
- Enrich children's school experiences
- Strengthen school-community relations
- Build understanding of schools among citizens
The best way to volunteer is to contact your child’s teacher or principal directly.
Businesses and organizations can make a difference through the School Business Partner Program. See the COMMUNITY button on our website for more information and a list of active partnerships.